SICK fork sensors combine senders and receivers in a single housing, meaning that they can be adjusted quickly. Thanks to the precise, focused light beam and the high detection accuracy, the sensors also detect very minor light attentuation differences. Many different fork sizes, straightforward mounting, and exceptionally high ambient light immunity are just some of the advantages of these fork sensors.
SICK Fork sensors WF
The specialist for high-speed applications
WFnext fork sensors are at work in the detection of labels, marks, double sheets, holes, edges, and various objects. Thanks to the design principle that sees both the sender and receiver integrated in a single housing, no adjustment is necessary. This easy-to-use sensor line includes fork widths between 2 mm and 120 mm with fork depths of 40 mm, 60 mm, and 95 mm. Extremely fast response times and fine resolution means that WFnext fork sensors from SICK can even detect small and flat objects, as well as those traveling at high speeds.
- Fast response time and fine resolution ensure reliable detection even at very high object speeds
- Infrared light source provides excellent ambient light immunity
- User-friendly setting via IO-Link, teach-in button, or plus/minus buttons
- A wide range of different fork sizes enables flexible installation
- Stable aluminum housing for use in harsh industrial environments
- Thanks to IO-Link or external teach-in, the switching threshold can be adapted while the process is running, increasing process reliability
- Easy to access data from the PLC via IO-Link
SICK Fork sensors UF
The clear choice for detecting transparent labels
The UF ultrasonic sensors reliably detects labels and materials, regardless of printed design, transparency or surface characteristics. Unlike optical sensors, the UF3 relies on damping – a process where the thickness of a material determines the degree to which the sensor absorbs sound waves. A high level of positioning accuracy and stable response times make the fork sensor suitable for nearly any environment. Due to its small, compact metal housing, the UF can be used in harsh conditions and where space is limited. As a result, the UF3 can distinguish between labels located just 2 mm apart from one another on an adhesive tape. Applications include detecting transparent labels on transparent substrates, detecting labels with different printed designs or differentiating between single- and two-ply materials.
- Great flexibility: UF identifies labels reliably - regardless of whether they are transparent, opaque or printed
- Fast response times enable precise detection – even at high web speeds
- Teach-in function enables quick and easy commissioning
- The aluminum housing meets all requirements for use in harsh industrial conditions
- High process reliability: Ultrasonic technology prevents false detection, which may be caused by ambient light or shiny surfaces